Suite 5600, 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5Z 1C9
Tel: 416.777.0013 Fax: 416.777.0014
Company Stock Information
Click on Stock Ticker crawl for trade details from QuoteMedia on 15-20 minute delay.
Share Structure as of: June 2013
Issued & Outstanding: 253.4 million
Fully Diluted Shares: 385.9 million
Investor Relations Contacts
Vice-President & CFO
Atlanta Gold Inc.
Director of Operations
CHF Investor Relations
416.868.1079 x 225
Content last updated on 06.27.13
In Idaho, the Atlanta gold-silver project exceeds 1 Million AuEq in NI 43-101 compliant resources
Atlanta Gold Inc. (TSXV: ATG) through its 100%-owned subsidiary, Atlanta Gold Corporation, controls the Atlanta Mine. The Atlanta Mine holdings consist of 2,159 acres (8.74 km2) of mineral rich land that is located in Elmore County, Idaho. The project is at an advanced exploration stage with substantial growth potential. The Company’s strategic focus is to progress the Atlanta Mine to development and production in late 2014.
Read Atlanta Gold's Article in CHF Spotlight, Issue 83.
Read Atlanta Gold's Article in CHF Spotlight, Issue 75.
- NI 43-101 (January 2012) Resource estimate based on a gold price of US$1,419 and silver of US$28.18 per oz: Indicated Resource of 785,000 AuEq oz and Inferred Resources of 397,300 AuEq oz at a discovery price of $30 AUEq Oz
- Historic mining of 344,000 AuEq oz at a cut-off grade above 0.4 opt (13.7 gpt Au)
- Further drilling has the potential to increase total resources up to multi-million AuEq oz
- Potential to generate cash flow from small test processing by Q4-2014
- Access to a pool of experienced mining and processing personnel
- Taking responsibility for prior issues and rejuvenating the land with modern strategies
- Moving away from bulk mining and cyanide heap leaching to a combined shallow open-pit and underground operation
- Reducing its environmental footprint by 85% while increasing expected metal recovery rates to 90%
- Minimal surface disturbance/environmental impact from bulk sampling planned
Plan Moving Forward
- Test Mine on a small scale while permitting the total project (permitting of the total project expected to take approximately 2 years)
- Bulk sampling and test processing on a small scale through 2013 and 2014 which is currently feasible
- Test processing will:
- Fine tune the process to establish a base for a full-scale operation
- Showcase the minimal environmental impact and establish environmental and community reputation
- Facilitate full-scale permitting
- Use proven technology and contractors to minimize CAPEX requirement
- CAPEX < 1Million to achieve test mining status and cash flow
- Generate Cash Flow
- After permiting total project:
- Expand production
- Recommend exploration to expand NI 43-101 resource
The Atlanta Project
The Atlanta Gold Project lies within the historic Middle Boise Mining District in an area with a long history of exploration, development and production of gold and silver since its discovery in 1863.
Since the discovery of gold in 1863, the region has undergone sporadic periods of metal production. Historic gold production from Atlanta Project was 297,000 ounces of gold and 2.6 million ounces of silver (47,000 equivalent ounces of gold) or 344,000 equivalent (Au +Ag) ounces of gold that was shallow high grade mining from surface to a vertical depth of 610 metres (1,000 feet) below surface. Most of this was mined at gold prices of US$20/oz to US$35/oz above cut-off grades of 17.1 grams per tonne (0.5 ounces per ton) up to and including 1935 and 13.7 gpt (0.4 opt) thereafter. Consequently, most of the resources along the Atlanta Shear Zone were not mined and remain in place.
In 2008, the Company changed its mining strategy for the Property from bulk mining and heap leaching, to a combined smaller open-pit and underground operation with an on-site milling facility. This new mining strategy will produce both a gravity concentrate and a precious metal rich sulphide concentrate to be custom smelted. The revised strategy will not involve a surface heap leach process and will significantly reduce the surface or environmental footprint and reduce environmental risk.
Plans for 2013 are:
to continue to implement the Supplemental Plan of Operations (“SPOO”) for the 900 Adit Closure and Reclamation Plan pertaining to the water treatment plant; and
to generate a larger bulk sample in order to determine the most effective gravity recovery system for mining and processing of the Atlanta lode in both the oxide and sulfide zones.
As prescribed in the government approved SPOO and the Final Filter specifications for the Atlanta mine project, the first stage of the new and proprietary passive water treatment system was implemented to capture the arsenic, to achieve compliance with the Clean Water Act. The Passive Filtration System at the Pilot Water Treatment Facility (PWTF) was installed in October 2012. The second stage, planned to expand the capacity of the PWTF to handle 600+ gallons per minute, will be completed in Q3-2013. The final stage is to plug the 900 crosscut and complete the closure plan for the 900 site by December 2014.
Construction and bulk sampling activities this year will take the Company into the final stages in the path to production, and they will continue to work with Knife River Corporation to mobilize its processing facility to the Atlanta project site, improve the technology and customize it for Atlanta’s purposes. No chemicals will be added because the gravity processing system only uses water.
Management & Directors
Wm. Ernest (Ernie) Simmons, Chief Executive Officer: Mr. Simmons joined the Corporation on January 15, 2008. Mr. Simmons has over 40 years of senior experience with a number of mining and exploration companies.
William (Bill) Baird, Director, Vice-President & Chief Financial Officer: Mr. Baird has over 30 years of senior experience with a number of mining and exploration companies including 10 years with Teck Resources Limited.
W. Warren Holmes, Director: Mr. Holmes has 40 years of mining industry experience including with Noranda Inc. (1964-1986) and Falconbridge Limited (1986 - 2002). Currently Chairman of Nuinsco Resources Limited and Victory Nickel Inc., he is also a director of several public resource companies and research organizations.
James K. Gray, Director & Chairman: Mr. Gray has been engaged in the oil and natural gas exploration business in Western Canada. In 1973, Mr. Gray co-founded Canadian Hunter Exploration Ltd., one of Canada's larger natural gas producers. He also serves as a director of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (formerly Brascan Company), Canadian National Railways and Phoenix Technology Income Fund.
Eric J. Berentsen, Director: Mr. Berentsen has over 29 years of varied geological experience including Getchell Gold Corp (1990 - 1999), Placer Dome Inc. (1999-2002), and Apollo Gold Inc. (2002-2005). Currently, he is President of Jipangu Exploration Inc.
Allan J. Folk, Director: Currently Mr. Folk is Vice President of Brant Securities Limited, an investment dealer and has more than 20 years experience in the investment industry.
John D. Jackson, Director: Mr. Jackson has extensive experience in business development, growth and operations and is widely recognized for his ability to transform ideas into successful enterprises. He founded Jackson Oil Inc., a wholesale and transportation company.